2011-09-23

Voltigeurs (part 2)

And here are the long, long awaited voltigeurs skirmishing.

I've had a long break this summer, for various (personnal) reasons. But here they are, and I'm fairly happy with the result. Though now that I look at the photos, I realize that I forgot the blue point in the centre of the cockades!! This will be sorted out.





One thing to mention. Compared with the other Perry "light infantry" miniatures, these skirmishers are a bit tall. Which is a shame, as the voltigeurs are supposedly the shorter men of the elite (by opposition to carabiniers). Oh well.


I've ordered the flag (GMB designs), and am in the process of ordering the bases (from Veni Vidi Vici), so stay tuned for the final post on this battalion project...!

For what's coming afterwards, it will be the 4th hussard. I've assembled the horses already, they're waiting for gap-filling and priming.

2 comments: